Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Re-visiting Cannes, France 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Re-visiting Cannes, France 2022/Carlos Pueblo

Cannes, France is famous for the annual movies shows outside of the Oscar in the world. One year, 05/24/2015, I was on my Mediterranean cruise trip and passed by this city port with a very fond memory. I marched into a a part of the city center and then up to a small hill of a lovely residential area with many luxury homes. A lovely flower shop with a lovely nursery on the side was impressive. I didn't go up to a hill top cathedral and was regret very much to miss the peony garden where I did see on the flower shop. This time was about the same and I anticipated to finish the un-finished trip.

I love the peony which is one of my favorite flowers. I have mentioned that 2015 Cannes trip to many of my friends. The late Dr. Innad Hussani was one of them. He was a French trained physician. He mentioned his story at Cannes. Once he lived here for his medical practice. A Lebanese Banker friend referred him a deal of a small motel for sale. He was read to make the purchase yet his mother and wife were all against it because he shouldn't be distracted from his job as an eyes surgeon. At the end, he gave it up for about a $200,000 U.S. deal and later, after the new owner's effort, it was turned to worth more than 1.5 millions. He went back to his home town in Syria for his practice and then upon the request of his wife, immigrated to Houston, Texas. I knew him because he became my tennis partner, a gentleman. Once he described to me of his high RPM life in the U.S. RPM is the meter on the car board, the revolution per minute. He passed away of a stroke a couple years ago after his young son's  immature death. He told me the property was at the old port.

I didn't pay too much attention of where we disembark this time. I asked people where was the Cathedral and walked straight to the direction. I found the church yet it was very much different from what my memory was. I participated a family kids baptize ceremony. I believed that parents were from the Eastern Europe. One of the kids was still a baby, both of them behaved very well. I took some photos yet I couldn't find them, the entire stay at the city.

I didn't give up that easy. I tried again from the seacoast beach toward the sign of a cross up in the hill. I tried to cut in to the entrance toward the Cathedral yet there were no such sighs at all. I found a nice International Pacific University campus and turned back out. There were two or three women naked and bathed on the almost empty beach due to the weather.

I sat in front of an hotel to use its free WiFi connection for the rest of time. Later I realized that I was on a wrong section of the city and I actually missed the right turn to my wanted place.

No comments: