Monday, October 10, 2022

Re-visiting Barcelona, Spain 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Re-visiting Barcelona, Spain 2022/Carlos Pueblo

After Alicante overnight, we reached to Barcelona, Spain early in the morning. I have lost counts of how many times that I have visited this lovely Spanish city. The shuttle bus took me to the Columbus Center and saw him pointed his finger to the America. I didn't have too much planned to on this visit. I planned to get some Euros from an ATM machine, to visit briefly on the main Boulevard and coming back to the cruise ship. I didn't think that I could cover very much in a few hours of stay in such a huge city.

A nice Spanish high school kid helped me to go through the Spanish language ATM and I got some Euros out of my bank account. As promise, I later gave 200 Euros to Dr. Chu for their convenience spending for the rest of routes. She gave me a handsome exchange in U.S. Dollars. She took her 94 years old mother for an additional tour after the end of this cross Atlantic. She is a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, a very distinguished chemist.

I found my favorite market, a huge and lovely one, nearby the ATM machine. I was very astonished when I first visited the market. The Jamon Iberico or Jamon Serrano sores are still all over. We can have some of such delicacy on the ship's cafeteria everyday; however, it is amazing to see so many colorful products all over and witness many customers to enjoy them with wines on many small restaurants stands. I am very frugal and calculative. I didn't dare to try and was satisfied with it on the cruise cafe.

There is an live art gallery section on the boulevard where artists are drawing pictures for tourists. Beautiful cities or scenery places all over the world are attracted to artists to earn their living. I am always attracted to such live performance. There were two lovely kids with their parents making their purchases, one done and another one was on the way of drawing. After the aging artist finished, the mother asked the little girl to hand over 200 Euros for both drawings included tips. I admire artists of this kinds always.

In a small square out of the main boulevard, I watched a group of two young powerful men to perform dangerous acrobatics jumps in order to gain some tips from bystanders. They moved from one corner to another to attract more audients. A newly wed couple were taking photos in the square. I assumed that they were Japanese tourist. They hired local young Japanese lady professional to do the job. Our daughter Michelle did the same in Costa Rica for her wedding as well. I was so happy for them for their young experience at young age in such a lovely Spanish city for their honey moon.

No comments: