Wednesday, October 19, 2022

American are good at business(2)/Carlos Pueblo

 American are good at business(2)/Carlos Pueblo

The inflation 2022 comes to us and I have witness that American are good at business again. I am quite busy with what I am going to have additional 5 cruise trips in three months and experienced with joy of spending money with some business promotion from banks and the cruise liner. It is very unusual to see a frugal person like me to spend $14,000 on credit cards for cruise trips and get $1,400 cash back and excited about it.

When the Chinese Wuhan Corona Virus Pandemic hit the U.S., the U.S. federal government has distributed several $1,200 per person cash to help to pass some difficulty . The Fed even provides some funds for companies to hire back laid off employees for not interrupting their monthly incomes. There are too much Greenbacks printed so far and the inflation finally comes. The gasoline hits the highest point in years yet Biden makes is back down a little bit. The White House and the Federal Reserve are not afraid of the recession for the time being. both of them decide to control the inflation and the Fed raises the landing interest rate several times in a few months. Finally I have had an opportunity to make a one year certificate of deposit to earn 2.75% interest.

Two of the national largest banks offer me new credit cards to spend some money in 3 months and award me with promotional rebates, $8,000 for $800, $2,000 for $200, and $4,000 for $400, etc. With  several helps from my brother-in-law Yong Teoh in NYC and Amy to purchase 3 cruises trips and airfares, I almost make to the goal $14,000 and get $4,000 cash back. 

In addition to my existing voucher discount $125 per cruise trip, my cruise agent finds additional discount with my new purchase, called the latitude discount which makes me very happy that would make up the airfare inflation. I join to the civic group to help the economic recovery if there is any. The U.S. is like a locomotive to move the world as long as the U.S. is still prosperous, there is an opportunity that the world will be prosperous eventually. American are good at business.

No comments: