Saturday, October 15, 2022

Enjoying the Tibetan folk dance/Carlos Pueblo

 Enjoying the Tibetan folk dance/Carlos Pueblo

There is a video appeared on my You Tube named the Gouchuang Dance of Tibet in Chengdu, China, a kind of folk dance quite similar to many folk dances in the world such as our Taiwanese aboriginal folk dance yet more hands wave movement with lively songs. I have been attracted for days and study about it in details. There are only about seven millions Tibetans in the world and most of them live in current day China, 6.3 millions in Tibet and some spread around the adjacent provinces such as Yunnan, Sichuan, Chinghai, and Sikang etc. They come down from the highland to Chengdu, Sichuan for work and the dance party are gathered under a highway bridge in the south part of the city regularly.

The foot steps are slow and discipline while hands move like waves to symbolize hills, lakes, seas and flowers, etc. accompanied with popular songs quick and touching with romantic words. Dancers are line up sometimes with pairs who are showing symmetrically. Ladies are moving gracefully while young males are moving legs more freely like Buddhas statues. There are always some dancers dressing up with Tibetan colorful and lovely dresses. I am very fond of the young charming lady dancers.

Amy recommends me following the You Tube video to dance like her on a note book computer; therefore, I can have my shoulder exercises. Actually I am more impressed to the attractive lady dancers of Tibetans. I adore their slender appearance even though some mid age ladies look like Mexican Indians yet still good looking. I check on Google search about the city of Chengdu which is the provincial capital of Sichuan, China. It is also called the city of the Hibiscus. We grow the beautiful flower at home. I am aware of two charming Chinese ladies, Ning Sing of the old anchor lady of the Radio of America and Cherry Yang from Taiwan. In the early 1980's, Cherry used to trade business in Chengdu where her parents were from. 

I hope that one day the Tibetan will have their our nation. Historically they are not Chinese as well as culturally and religiously. I don't see any kinds of dance in Chinese culture and their unique cloths both man gentlemen and ladies. They are not Chinese.

No comments: