Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Re-visiting Sin Maartien 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Re-visiting Sin Maartien 2022/Carlos Pueblo

Sin Maartien is located in the eastern Caribbean where I have visited several times. it is also called as San Martin in French. Some passengers take the excursion to visit French section not far away while the cruise disembark at Philisburg on the Dutch side of the island. I always stay at the port and visit the small town and finish my day before the noon.

I would march to the main street of the town from the town center to the end of the street. Most of the street are stores of gift shops and restaurants. It is by a beautiful beach where you have to pay a small amount in order to get to swim. I introduced the downtown street to Mr. Yong and attempted to locate an art gallery which I had visited the owner several times. I couldn't find the shop this time that might be closed due to the pandemic. He had a nice garden on the back yard with two star fruits on two trees. His name is Maxmilliam who has a son lives at Brownsville, Texas  opens a capoeira center, a kind of self defense exercises sports.

Several Chinese restaurants are still on the main street mostly Cantonese restaurants. You can good fresh steam fishes with a good Chinese food taste. It is very interesting that the down town stores are full of jewelry stores and Asian Indian owners.

I like to visit a small town in the Caribbean because that it refreshes my fond memory of my childhood in Taiwan. Of course my home town Huwei is much larger than here yet the environment, the tropical plants and heat way with the ocean wind, etc. I can get my walking exercises and come back to the ship to have my lunch with a good memory.

I did my research of the island on the French part. People come to that part to observe the low flying passenger jet to take off or landing from the airport.

No comments: