Monday, June 13, 2022

Re-visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Re-visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico 2022/Carlos Pueblo

By late March this year, I have been away from any traveling for more than 27 months due to the Corona Virus Pandemic and I feel sorry for myself because of my aging and there is limited time for me to enjoy my life as a matter of the fact. I, therefore, booked a ten days cruise trip to the Eastern Caribbean Sea. The first port to visit is San Juan, Puerto Rico where I have been visited for about 10 times and only around the port area and the down town.

Houston, Texas was still chilly while Puerto Rico was nice and warm. Mr. Yong, my brother-in-law and my travel partner, agreed that we only walked around the down town streets. He lives in New York City and is accustom to the busy environment of San Juan. I had my one purpose for my walk around that was to replace the battery of my old idle wrist watch. None of jewelry stores offer such service because the wrist watch is no longer popular while the i-phone can provide exact time. The old city is very attractive and we can see the first floor stores and inns on the second floor. People are coming out now like that we come out for a trip away from home. I didn't dare to take him to march to the old National Heritage Park for a view of the old guns facing to the sea. He was just out of a serious illness while old age caught me. I still love Puerto Rico.

I attempted to get a Wi-Fi connection at a restaurant. It was not working for some reasons. Cruise ships regularly would charge a fee for the internet connection and I always learn to follow the cruise staff on the street to find where they use to get the connection. This time the ship still prohibits them to disembark. What my desire to connect my i-phone is simply to send a message home or watch the stock market. I was alright at San Juan because my i-phone was working because P.R. is still considered domestic and the phone is still working without a charge. We came back for a nice lunch on board and didn't go out again.

The huge ship is really like a small Texas town which I would say about 2,500 people living among 14 plus decks. It is enough for me to eat at free restaurants which I mean meal costs are included in the fare. I am invited to two fee restaurants with a guest due to my frequent passenger status. Usually I choose the steak house and an Italian Restaurant. Restaurants on the cruise are very high quality with the over all environment and foods which they provided. I can't eat very much now because that I don't like to eat too much meat. 

He can't drink now and I hate to pay, yet I still have some opportunity to get free drink such as a latitude party to meet fellow frequent passengers and a bottle of free wine along with one of the free specialty restaurant.


No comments: