Saturday, June 25, 2022

Re-visiting Antigua 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Re-visiting Antigua 2022/Carlos Pueblo

Antigua is located in the Eastern Caribbean, a frequent stop of the cruise on the eastern route. I have visited the island for many times. Each time, I would walk to an Episcopal Church on the hill and once I even marched pass that church to a lovely beach and beyond, a battery post facing the sea. I know admiral Nelson was station here during that time of fighting among European naval power.

I believed that the ship was on a different pier; therefore, I couldn't go directly to the main street, instead, I ran into an old and smaller frame Catholic church with all doors and windows closed. A old lady opened the window on the second floor and yelled to me that the church was closed. She pointed it out to another direction to the girls senior high where in adjacent to the church I liked to visit. Before I left that Catholic church, I picked up two mangos fallen on the ground. I started feeling that I had to go to a toilet. 

We entered the church from a gate facing the girls senior high. The gate used to be closed due to the renovation. There is a concrete platform on the entrance where I used to take a nap on my previous visits where I could also see the high school class rooms and campus.

I had had a vey good chat with a church lady who was on duty for visitors. She said that the girls senior high was established by this church and donated to the island nation. Antigua residents speak multi languages, English, Spanish, and African native. I asked her about a Chinese restaurant near by the church, she told me that restaurant was closed. I once consumed a fish meal at that small eatery and the lady owner gave me a home grown vegetable. Both plates were very delicious. Many cruise staff came to this four tables restaurant also.

I was urgent need to find a toilet and it was too late. It is an old age issue. I had to wait outside of a small building side wall in order for the paint to dry. That was the time I enjoyed those two mangos. We walked back to the main street toward the pier. We were on the cruise tender service which was a small boat provided by the cruise to be on and off the cruise ship.

No comments: