Saturday, March 6, 2021

Get my vaccination shot for the Chinese Wuhan Corona Virus /Carlos Pueblo

 Get my vaccination shot for the Chinese Wuhan Corona Virus /Carlos Pueblo

Finally, it is my turn to get my vaccination shot for the Chinese Wuhan Corona Virus. Amy helps me to get the shot at a CVS drug store about 17 miles from home. It is very convenient. I was still one hour early aftr I had finished my Wednesday morning tennis. A Clerk checked me in at the pharmacy office and then I waited on the parking lot to take a nap. It was a beautiful day in Houston after that severe winter storm.

It was Pfizer vaccine instead of the originally scheduled Moderna. I have listed to Pfizer's chief executive officer, Albert Bourla's interview with NBC Lester Holt about the vaccines and I know there is no difference to take either one, as a matter of the fact, no efficiency difference among the three available in the U.S. market including the new Johnson and Johnson one. He says both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines can get 50% efficiency while reach near 100% after the second shot. J&J only need one shot to get 72% efficiency in the U.S. according to the data. I am very impressed of his explanation and reasoning and no wonder that his appearance with Biden at Kalamazoo, Michigan and NBC are such a success to help the vaccination which will set up another Biden's visit to J&J factory with Merck's effort to help producing the new vaccine to deter the pandemics.

I am on 1b waiting list of age 65 and above. 1a is 75 plus. There is one young lady behind me. Her answer to my curious question of her eligibility of my age group. She answers me that she has weight issue; therefore, she has the priority to join senior group to get vaccinated earlier than her regular age group. In the U.S. the older age and the frontier medical personnel ae the most vulnerable groups among all population. There are more than half a million population die from the diseases. 

I have my plan to visit Taiwan for my fake teeth installation. Not until Taiwan get the full vaccination I don't think that I can get the waiver of three weeks quarantine requirement. It is very difficult for everyone to deal with this pandemics yet we are going to get there to back to our normal life.

No comments: