Monday, March 8, 2021

Give old tennis rackets to a boy/Carlos Pueblo

 


Give old tennis rackets to a boy/Carlos Pueblo

Yesterday morning we were at our early tennis , a couple of mother and son came to recreation center to shoot some basket ball. Later, the boy came close to the two court tennis. My mind was distracted due to my fond memory of my past in Taiwan when I was a kid. I used to sit and watch the adult to play tennis at a tennis court nearby. I wished that one day I could use an old tennis racket left by my father's school Japanese principal. He could only carried a small belongings after the war back to Japan. At a break, I asked for a time out to approach to the blond boy if he would like to have an old racket to play. He smiled with joy. I asked them to come out of the gate to my car. I gave two old rackets and four cans of used balls to hit. He was so happy and asked my schedule. I told him that I would like to give  him free tennis lessons.

I bought an out of date tennis new racket when I arrived Auburn, Stan Smith model. The grid is a bit larger for me; however, my daughter used both hands to hit  at my converted garage-office wall. She later developed a double grid back hand stroke. We took her to the junior tour in Texas. High school tennis has helped her to developed her future carrier as a successful business consultant. For me, that old tennis racket helped me to build a life time hobby. Now I play tennis every morning with retired doctors and engineers.

My neighbor Mike Oliver moves to Austin lake house. He was an athlete obtained an Alabama baseball scholarship. He told me that he also attend Clemson. He also played tennis, at least, his children did. Due to the moving, he gave me eight old rackets and I gave away five. Previously, I gave away some of Michelle's old rackets to a home school neighbors to have some tennis lessons as the physical education classes that I served as their tennis teacher.

No comments: