Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Changing the windshield wiper of my old vehicle/Carlos Pueblo

 Changing the windshield wiper of my old vehicle/Carlos Pueblo

My driver's side of the windshield wiper was broken loose and was very troublesome during a raining day or early morning to wipe clean the tree pollen. I decide to try to replace it by myself. Last time, I did make a wiper hang on to the hock on the passenger side and passed the annual inspection. I was aware that there was no click sound yet was still working better than the one on the driver's side. After on my way to add some air for my tires, I went to the store to get a new wiper; however, I couldn't get the old one out in order to replace the new one.

Roger, my tennis partner, arrived at the court at the same time and promised me to help replacing the wiper after the games. He said that should be easy. Our Captain Bill joined in afterward because Roger was not able to remove the old wiper. Bill asked me to start the engine, turn on the wipers and make a sudden off. Both wipers were on the middle of the windshield. He could then adjust the frame and take off the broken wiper. The hook was shown detached. Then he needed to figure out how to get the new one hooked into the frame. While Bill was working on the driver's side, Roger played the other one  and got the wiper off the frame because it was not properly assembled last time. Nimo just finished his ball machine hitting and coming out of the court. I asked him if he could replace the windshield wiper. He said that should be easy. I promised to feed him one hundred balls if he could help me. He started the attempt to put back the buckle to connect the hook and without success. Roger said that some part was missing. I was not sure if the one I put on was a right one. I gave Nimo the old one just off the hook and it worked. Both wipers were finally on the hook and stayed tight for wiping the windshield.

Usually, I get the auto mechanic to replace the windshield while the vehicle is on service such as changing oil or some other issue. Now I drive less and drive the older vehicle. I don't pay attention to what should do for maintenance only if it is urgent or necessary. This is an old car of 1998, in two years will be reached the classic vehicle.

No comments: