Friday, September 15, 2017

Fun bridge game on board/Carlos Pueblo

Fun bridge game on board/Carlos Pueblo

I was invited to a fun bridge game on a multi purposes bar on Deck 13 next
to a steak house where I intended to invite my friend for dinner. Actually, I was
checking the location of that restaurant and walked into the bar and made up
to the fourth on the table. It was very awkward that I only learned how to play
bridge when I was at high school one summer back to the 60’s. I knew how to
count the points and after the first game under their instruction that I could open
my call, response to my partner’s call, and figure out how to exhaust all trump
cards at all hands.

One partner is a second generation of Chinese living in San Francisco and the other
two are American. We played very basic game at least I knew that I did fit into their
level of game until several days later an advanced player walked in to replace me.
Lincoln, the retired Chinese American engineer told me that I should come in some time
to watch this guy to play. I didn’t go; however, Lincoln and his wife became my good
friend on board almost everywhere we met.

The bar where we played was really not open during day time. It was open for some
Leisure program such as bridge, chess, mah-jong, and some painting classes with
an instruction of a painting artist and participants to pay materials. This is one of the
program which Sandra’s department was in charge of.

I have met so many retirees on board and only they can afford this kind of travel.
Lincoln and his wife would continue their trip to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I was making
this trip at the last minute and could not make the visa available.


     

No comments: