Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Enjoy watching Professor Ko as Mayor of Taipei/Carlos Pueblo

Enjoy watching Professor Ko as Mayor of Taipei/Carlos Pueblo

During my daily time, I have been watching and enjoying youtube program
of political forum both in the U.S. and Taiwan. Political activity in U.S. is mainly
about Donald Trump while in Taiwan is about Professor Ko, M.D. the Mayor of
Taipei on his first term. I consider myself as a fan of political affairs and I like to
know almost everything in history about the politic, of course, I am glad that I
am not depending of politic as a carrier in my life. Mayor Ko was forced to run
as the mayor of Taipei when he was in a thread of suspension of his M.D. practice
by the Nationalist Chinese regime in Taiwan back then.

He is a very good speaker and writer on the side of his EKOMO specialty in heart
Surgery. He is also a student of history, very good in classical Chinese literature
and Buddhism. He is a philosopher who understands life and death very well and
the meaningful life of himself. After I watched his speech three years ago, I made
a special trip to visit Shimonosheki, Japan for the site of Sino-Japan treaty of 1895
which China parted Taiwan to Japan. I credited that trip to him as a Taiwanese who
should know this piece of our ancient history. I think that I appreciate his philosophical
background very well as well as most Taiwanese in Taiwan; therefore, I must write about
him in addition to the media of interested in Taiwan.

He is doing his campaign promise to take care of the new born baby, the senior care, the
old and faded building, the homeless disadvantage, the beautification of the old town
Taipei, attempting to create affordable public housing, etc. He also emphasis public safety
prohibit battery attack of political minority by the extreme right Chinese Nationalist in
the front of 101 building near the city hall. Recently, he just completed a major sport event
hosted by the city  called the Universade of 2017 12,000 international athletes and  their
coaches and managers participated.

He says that he respects what Chinese authority says about the 92 consensus, propaganda
of China that there is only  one China. He skillfully avoid such agreement and insisting that
it is not under his jurisdiction and just maintaining the existing relationship between
Shanghai and Taipei forum.



No comments: