Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Disembark at Puerto Chcabuco, Chile/Carlos Pueblo

Disembark at Puerto Chcabuco, Chile/Carlos Pueblo

The ship pushed through the Chilean inner sea whole night and landed
at Puerto Chacabuco of the next Aysen Province, the famous entrance of
Laguna San Rafael National Park, of course, I didn’t dare to make such
adventure of expensive cruise land excursion. I did have my own regular
experience of walking toward the old town, watching a soccer match, and
even accompanied a new acquaintance to a next city on bus.

It was on Sunday and no wonder most of the streets were empty except
a few grocery stores were open for the visitors from the cruise for something
like WiFi connection and some needed supply. I found my toilet location on
a busy highway toward north, a gas station. Some cruise passengers did walk
toward the north and I followed. There was a bay on the left and small hill on
the right with some single dwelling spread around with a pile of log for fire
place which I assumed that the winter was near. I did see a small frame house
on the bay with several aged fishing boats near the end of wood stack connected
to the house. The house had smoke out of the chimney obviously there were
people living in it. It was a nice, quiet, and narrowed bay for the residents to be
in and out for fishing.

I was attracted to a local soccer game on the way. The small soccer field seemed
to be a newly built facility with a good size of shower room for the players. I found
a front seat at the front of a huge observing stand. Both teams were from two
different cities and appeared to be at a soccer season match. At the half time break,
I walked out of the field and resumed my leisure walking toward the north. I found
a fishery laboratory on the bay side for an University, then I saw a couple turning
around and indicated that they had no idea of the further distance to be. I did
follow and return to the second half of the soccer match. There was more audience
and some vehicles parked in front of the entrance. It began to drip from the cloudy sky.

On my way back to the dock, I ran into Lucia of the Brazilian met at the check in room
of Valparaiso, Chile. She was back to the ship and lost her group to the next city of
Coyhaique. She asked me to join her and I agreed. She stopped a small bus returning
to Coyhaique. Her deceased husband was a Chilean; therefore, she was in good command
of Spanish. The bus driver was very kind to guide us to the significant scenery along the
beautiful road, of course, she translated to me accordingly. We stopped in the front of
a restaurant which was her favorite. We could enter, yet it was full and we couldn’t order.
I’ll continue on the next for an interesting visit of the town and also ran into a pretty
program director, Sandra, at a Japanese restaurant while we drank a Japanese beer.


No comments: