Thursday, February 11, 2016

Traveling helps me to understand politics and history/ Carlos Pueblo

Traveling helps me to understand politics and history/ Carlos Pueblo

In recent years, I start traveling abroad. At the beginning, I would spend for
a week in a nation, then two weeks, a month and now two months duration.
Traveling helps me to understand politics and history in order to compare
the destiny of Taiwan, understand current situation of Taiwan, and the future
expectation of Taiwan. I understand that my limited ability to travel only to
some nations which should be inexpensive and advanced in political system
especially for those which are able to end or create a world war. These nations
eventually become tourist centers with excellent infrastructure, excellent
public safety , and market oriented boarding.

I flew to Narita Airport from Houston via Chicago with great pleasure due to the
national election in Taiwan on that particular day. I got my 3 week Japan Rail Pass
and began a very busy 13 cities tour. Let me count all the cities which I have been,
Tokyo, Kamakura the Daibutsu, Sendai, Hakodate in Hokkaido, Akida, Niigata,
Kanazawa of the Ishikawa Prefecture, Himeji, Kagoshima of Kiushu Island, Nakasaki,
Okayama, Takamatsu of Shikouku, Hiroshima, Cure and Edajima, and back to Tokyo.
In Tokyo twice, I have visited the Senkaji, the bury temple of the famous 47 ronin
samurai, a wish which I have been looking for ever since I visit Hiroshima Castle.

There are more than 10 million foreign visitors to Japan every year. Last year, the
number was 3.6 million Chinese, 3.5 million Taiwanese, American were the following
third, Hong Kong Chinese, Malaysian, and European were on the list as well. Japan
has a perfect system and people to serve these visitors  without any problem.

The reason of Japanese success, I believe that is Meiji Restoration. The restoration is
famous for its education law, the mandatory education, the school system etc. when
I am traveling in Japan, I can feel Japanese politeness, good manor, good self-confidence,
well dressed, clean and organize, respect and protect the remains of antiquity with
enthusiasm. I discover that after 71 years, Taiwanese start to appreciate the Japanese
experience, 1895-1945, Japanese era of the history of Taiwan, of course, it was a colonial
experience. Have you seen the same experience in India, Hong Kong, and Philippine?
Japan left Taiwan with the structure of a Nation.

Hsieh Chang-Ting advocated Taiwan Restoration in his campaign of Taiwan presidency
with Taiwan Restoration. Taiwanese voters did not appreciate his effort until this year.
We must grasp this rare opportunity to fulfill our political reform in every field and in

every front facing Taiwan.

No comments: