Saturday, May 25, 2019

Days at sea/Carlos Pueblo


Days at sea/Carlos Pueblo

After embark, I usually meet two groups of people on board, fellow passengers
and cruise staff. The hostess would arrange me to seat with some other passengers
on a big table for us to know each other while I have set up my search for the rapport
with the pretty female staff on board, my future adopted daughters. Most of the
passengers are established people on vacation with merry spirit and some of them
grant their friendship immediately. On cruise ship, I can converse with the most fellow
human being and enjoy it. On this trip, I had had established friendship with two family
, one from eastern part of the state of Washington while another one  Pennsylvanian
family live nearby the Amish country.

Each trip, the cruise gives me two vouchers for two person each dinner. Usually, I would
Invite two of my daughters be my company. I also check on the behind the scene tour for
some parts of the ship like the theater, laundry room, galleys or kitchens on land and I
don’t mind to repeat the visit because that I am still fascinated of such huge boat on earth.
Because of my latitude status, there are 6 time which I can have free drink and I take
advantage of it, usually, I don’t pay for drink at home.

After coming back from England, I got time to search Beverly’s Taiwanese professor at
Penn State, Parris Chang. It’s very interesting that I read his political view point of Taiwan
on Newsweek while I was in Taiwan. She has a very clear picture of Taiwan and thanks to
Parris’s teaching and I am very impressed. Her husband, Paul, is a retired high school
teacher with very broad knowledge in science. We had had several dinners together and
some drink parties. Another family from Washington State, Sandy and Dave, went out
to march to Cartagena downtown and suddenly lost contact on board.

A waitress remembers me looking for pig head on my previous cruise. Eating roast
pig head gives me back some fond memory of cruising. I am one of the few passengers
who are looking for the item. This cruise provides roast baby pig at the café twice and
I have run into them each time and created some disturbance. Eating pig head reminds
me some classical Chinese novels for commoners. I wish that I have it with the beer or
wine.

I started to establish my friendship with staff on board. I have adopted 44 daughters
on this 15 days cruise. My procedure is very simple that we take picture together
and write down the e-mail address to send back the photos for them. Some of them
do correspond with me and keep in touch. I feel very happy and looking forward to
meeting them again later on my cruise adventure.


No comments: