Thursday, May 23, 2019

Panama Transit Cruise added before the U.K. Trip/Carlos Pueblo


Panama Transit Cruise added before the U.K. Trip/Carlos Pueblo

A 15 days Panama Transit Cruise with the Bliss was added on to my traveling
Itinerary before a 4 weeks trip to England just completed a few days ago. I am
in my daily routine to write my journal now for both of the trips. First, I like to
point out how I get the cruise ticket and how the Canal’s journey to affect my
trip in England which is related interest. One of my new found interest is the
visit of the 2000 miles canals in England built during the great Industrial Revolution
some 200 years plus before to transport goods.

Two days before the embark of the ship, I got a help from my cruise liner’s travel
agent to book a room for the cruise. I thought that I was well experience to get on
the ship without any further preparation, Miami Port where I had had so many
actual trips made previously. I got it right from the airport via the light rail to the
Government Station yet I couldn’t locate the Trolley stop to the pier. After several
asking with the local without any success, I marched across the bridge from the city
center toward the port. While on my march, I did see a trolley passing by.

The ship let me have the priority to board due to my latitude status then I had the
opportunity to have the needed breakfast. It is a huge ship with 20 decks on board
while the Café is on Deck 16 and most of my activities are between Deck 6 to Deck
17 and I must climb additional two decks than my regular ships experience. Immediately,
I found two of my daughters were on board the ship. I invited Aiza for a dinner at a
French restaurant and she introduced me her roommate Gerlie as my dining partner
at an Italian restaurant to exhaust both vouchers. At least I felt that was very smoothly
arranged in compared with my previous trip with the Pearl where I couldn’t find anyone
to utilize such perks.

The ship is sailing from Miami through a straight between Cuba and the Dominican
Republic to enter the Caribbean Sea to Cartagena, Columbia, then on the fourth day      
entered the Canal for a 10 hours pass. After the Canal exit, we landed at Caldera of
the Costa Rica, Quetzal of the Guatemala, Acapulco, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas of
the Mexico before the final port of Los Angeles, California. I have taken many photos
along the 15 days route both the scenery and newly adopted daughters on board. It
is very interesting and memorable.

While at the passing of the Canal, I could see both the original one and the newly addition.
It is based on a very simple physics theory, the Tunnel Effect, to manage the water level
to move the ship through 7 or 8 steps called locks. All physically without power applied.
The English canals are based on the same principle to move the smaller ships around.

No comments: