Wednesday, February 1, 2017

New acquaintances during traveling/Carlos Pueblo

New acquaintances during traveling/Carlos Pueblo

I have met some new acquaintances during traveling in Europe.
Some of them, we keep e-mail correspondence, and at least three
of them we have met again, Connie P. is one of the three. This
Hawaiian cruise was booked at the last minute 8 days before
embarked. I sent her e-mail to see if she was willingly to receive us.
She answered promptly and decided to locate us on the ship. We
were searching for her at the first two days on board from the security
installation in and out of the ship unsuccessfully. Amy thought that I
did mention in my home letter about her work at the Hawaiian cruise
ship security office one and half years ago in Barcelona, Spain. On the
third day morning, a pretty young officer in white uniform called my
name right out of the 11th deck elevator. I knew that was her immediately.
She came to the café for lunch a day before and I noticed a charming
young officer was smiling at me and I wondered the reason why. I
requested for an photo opportunity with her that night at the second
grand show time as she arranged. We surprised her again two days later
at deck three her human resource office for a quick hi on our private
behind the scenes tour provided by Lauren, the cruise next manager,
another new acquaintance during the traveling.

On the same European trip in 2015 in London, I met a Japanese amateur
 watch collector, Haruhiko Y. We exchanged e-mail address and I went
further to see him in Tokyo in January 2016 and London in May, 2016.
He gave me some good knowledge of Japanese local artisan products and
how to enjoy traditional raw fishes, sushi and sashimi. If I visit Japan or
England, I’ll check with him for his schedule for a dinner, a very good
dining partner indeed.

Mercy C. is one of some pretty Filipino cruise line workers which I have
met during in 2016 cross Atlantic route. I always like to take that particular
ship again yet I can’t make my last minute deal. Fortunately, she was transferred
to another ship which I took on my way back from Europe. She was so busy
at her work for the cruise next department yet I did make my special visit every
day to say hi. I believe that she read my blog now a day as my reader from
Philippine.


No comments: