Saturday, February 18, 2017

Visiting Prague, Czech Republic/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Prague, Czech Republic/Carlos Pueblo

The next city to visit after Copenhagen, Denmark is Prague, Czech
Republic. In the original planning in Houston, I should go to Krako,
Poland then Prague for three days each; however, incident occurred
that I ran out of cash, pick pocketing and invalid debt card, I had to
cancel Krako, Zagreb, Croatia, and Venice, Italy. Prague was the only
one I couldn’t cancel on internet and I was glad that I made the visit
of this capital of the old Kingdom of Bohemia. As previously, I took the
same route back to Hamburg, Germany and this time was very smoothly
pass the straight off and on the train. Changing another train in Hamburg
with an international cities express to Prague passing through the plain of
north Germany mostly the previous East Germany. It was dark after Dresden
, Germany so I could not see the scenery route highlighted on the DB Bahn
map. After entering Czech territory, the train conductor asked me to pay
the fare of 23 Euros to cover the expanse toward Prague because my pass
was only good in Germany. It was late and I had argued with him in vain and
I managed to get the cash to pay him or, I had to get off the train on
the next station to see if I could pay credit card at the station and took the
next train after one hour. An Australian young man was very sympathetic
with my awkward situation and gave a 5 Euro bill in case of future emergency.

A night police dressed camouflage kindly walked me across a street to point
out the direction toward the hostel. I was struggle again at the darkness of
the traffic highway and a nice young lady came to rescue me. She checked on
her i-phone map and advised me take a city bus one stop pass the train station.
Cash to pay for the bus was not a problem she said because the driver could not
take the fare which I had to purchase at a store and it was late for me to find an
open business that late of the night. It’s a 5 minutes ride yet 25 minute walk if
I so selected.

Czechs are very polite and friendly toward tourists that I feel. These were the first
two impression which I ran into at arrival. Czech Republic is an EU member yet like
Denmark and the England uses her own currency. I managed to get by without
currency exchange for my weekly stay in Plague.



No comments: