Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Visiting Copenhagen University/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Copenhagen University/Carlos Pueblo

I saw Copenhagen University on the map at the old town Copenhagen
and decided to visit this famous institution of Niels Bohr, a physics
professor who was on my text books from high school, college, to
graduate school. He defines some quantum mechanics theory of different
energy level on various electron configuration. Electron can jump around
the atomic orbits all the time by absorbing or releasing energy or radiation.
This was a very basic quantum theory which I fortunately understood it and
helped me to pass all the examinations at schools. I must come to visit him,
of course his statue in front of the main building.

First, I went through a green garden lake park called Orsteds-Parken. It is one
of a series of green garden lake  parks parallel to Sankt Jargens Lake. Above this
park is the Botanic Garden and Rosenborg Castle is the adjacent neighbor.
Another two parks between Osterport Station, one is facing the harbor with a
a statue of the little mermaid, a fairy tale created by Hans Christian Andersen,
now becomes an important tourist point. I have visited Andersen’s Spain home
town Malaga yet I missed this one. I shall visit this park on my next European
cruise disembark at Copenhagen harbor just next to the mermaid statue.

Danes tell me that the University has a new campus out of the old town due to
the expansion and I believe that is the case of most of the famous European
institutions. Almost all the European nations provide free tuition college education;
therefore, most ancient colleges required expansion. Some old colleges at the old
town area are very small and crowded not like the universities in the U.S. with
several hundred acres land yet these institution are the backbone of European
industrial revolution.


No comments: