Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Routine physical examination/Carlos Pueblo

Routine physical examination/Carlos Pueblo

In order to keep enough medicine for my nearly seven weeks trip to Europe,
I went to the clinic to have a physical examination basically by drawing blood.
Three weeks later, the nurse of the clinic called me back for another blood test
for prostate index reading. The Medicare , senior healthcare, has a thoughtful
system to prevent a sudden discovery of illness. I have a diabetes ; therefore,
I must have routine health examination and eye examination to trace the blood
sugar.

I walk 2.2 miles a day for about 20 years, in addition to that walking, I play tennis
three times in a week. Recently I am on a healthy diet not very much fruits and
more vegetable. Most of the result from the physical is normal and the intake dose
maintains certain level most of the time. With this physical, I can travel almost any
time in a year to where able I can go.

At the beginning, I would go back to Taiwan for visiting, then gradually, I extend my
trip to Japan, Europe, and Argentina. Because of the foreign travel, I also need to
review some basic foreign language like to prepare the medicine. It has occupied more
and more of my retirement life.

After 65, I have been under the Medicare advantage program, a HMO system which
has a certain routine to manage the patient’s healthcare. The older I have been, the
urgent need that I must have such care in order to maintain a healthy physical condition.
I see most of the patients waiting inside the clinics, both the family and eyes, are senior
citizen who have the insurance and time to take care of their physical being.




No comments: