Saturday, December 19, 2015

Walking down the street of Buenos Aires/ Carlos Pueblo

Walking down the street of Buenos Aires/ Carlos Pueblo

Metro transit pass is offered at Ezeiza terminal A for 20 peso which is
Why I get first 100 peso rate 1:9 plus 58 peso ATM fee. In my two weeks
Staying, I walk most of the time with some bus and subway in between.
All three transportation mean passes the congress building, Congresso
Nacional, then down to Avenida de Mayo, the famous boulevard to the
Plaza de Mayo. This is the beginning of the European architecture which
Is showing on the pictures of the city all over the world.               

 I turn left on Avenida 9 de Julio, the independent boulevard, toward a
Monument, like Washington Monument, called el 9 de Julio also in
Memory of the independent. I see that I pass the Plaza de la Republica
And I do not stop. It is still quite early for the local business yet I do have
an opportunity to get a haircut and my Spanish is still at the beginner’s
stage and cannot quite follow the number above 10, 16 or 60 etc. I try to
go back to the plaza of republic but run into a tip guide group in front of
the French Embassy. I join them to the Recoleta Cemetery where I visit
the tombstone of Evita Durante, Eva Peron, Don’t cry for me Argentina.

It is Saturday, there are open air stand stores inside the park. I look for
some man’s belt and buy 4 of them and I am very pleased. I follow the city
map on Avenida Callao all the way back to the Congress building and find
my way back to the hostel. How many miles have I walked? I believe more
than 10 miles on a pair of tennis shoes.

                                                                                                                                                

No comments: