Monday, December 21, 2015

Taking a bus to Palermo, Buenos Aires/ Carlos Pueblo

Taking a bus to Palermo, Buenos Aires/ Carlos Pueblo

Palermo is a district of Buenos Aires with admiring real estate price which
people recommend me to visit. I took number 61 bus from Avenida Pasco
through Congress building area and circle a lot of city to the end station.
The beautiful building is not quite similar with Houston rich oil man mansions
such as River Oaks subdivision or New York city Long Island Oyster Bay, is a high
rising or semi high rising architecture and the real estate quote price is based
on U.S. dollars.

Passing by an army barrack, los regimentos de infanteria, with some soldiers
cleaning the complex. Actually it looks more like a beautiful office campus
than an army barrack. A unique Islamic center is next yet it was not open
for visitor on that day. I kept on walking to enter a pretty shopping center with
a McDonald store to have an ice cream and exit to meet a small group of handsome
dogs resting on the ground of a park. This is the entrance of a city park with a
beautiful rose garden. This is one of the best rose gardens which I have visited in
many cities including U.S. and Europe. Out of the garden, I was on Avenida del
Libertador and passing by a beautiful Japanese Garden which I decided to pass due
To my next trip to Japan in January. The building becomes more and more pretty,
some of them are foreign embassies. I walked toward a shining metal art work,
Floralis Generica which means general flowers. Before I went to the metal flower
Park, again I ran into a group of 16 dogs on their routine walk to a common area of
the plaza of Chile and Uruguay.

A young man with piggy tail and beard were walking 16 dogs across two intersections
on Avenida Pte Figueroa Alcorta to enter the park. He had had two dogs, one in the
front and one in the back, to herd 14 others, of course with a  belt each dog to be
controlled. I followed them to the park and I took a nap on a bench for an hour until
they were ready to leave. It was a beautiful day indeed.

Floralis Generica is a new park with a unique design. Next to the park is the University
of Buenos Aires campus. It is free for students to have college education and this benefit
also extends to foreign students. I walked toward Recoleta Cemetery again to visit the
old church and Eva Peron. I walked back toward the Congress building on Avenida Callao
until I was tire and took the subway back to the hostel.



No comments: