Thursday, December 24, 2015

Formosan of Argentina/ Carlos Pueblo

Formosan of Argentina/ Carlos Pueblo

I had walked across the June 9th Avenue several times when I was in Buenos
Aires, Argentina and every time, I would run into the protest of Argentina
Federal Government from the Formosan of Argentina. These had brought me
back to the last 40 years of my life in the United States for our protest of
Chinese rule in Formosa, or  Taiwan. We also call ourselves Formosa and Formosan
to distinguish ourselves from Chinese and most of the educated Argentina understands
it. Formosan of Argentina are aboriginal Indian. They occupied the pedestrian island
between Ave Venezuela and Ave Belgrano, built tents city and hanged banners. One
day, I took some pictures on their gathering on the street sides, the next day I walked
on Belgrano across 9 of June and asked a man in charge and regretted that my Spanish
was not in the level of political discussion yet I did see murder and persecution on the
post and I liked to know what was going on. On the next morning, that was the 4th time
I passed by, I got a help from a Brazilian lady’s help, she spoke good English. She indicated
That they would end the protest on that day because the new President Malicio Macris
agreed to meet them.

Several years ago, I planned to have my dental in-plan work done in Buenos Aires. I noticed
the province named Formosa and the National University of Formosa exactly the same name
of Taiwan also called Formosa and the National Formosa University at my hometown Huwei,
Taiwan, Formosa, a Portuguese name for the beautiful. I would like to take some pictures of
the Formosa U for the memory of Formosa U at Huwei where I used to teach in the 70’s. The
authority abolished the old senior high school campus to build a new institute later became
the Formosa U in 2006 while Argentina Formosa U inherited the original National University
of the Northeast to National Formosa U in 1988. Instead of going to visit the campus physically
, I did visit the Formosan to protest their government in Buenos Aires, the capital city.

I brought back a very simple flyer of their demand to the hostel and asked the manager to
explain to me. He shook his head and agreed what it said on the flyer. It has been 523 years
ever since the European have colonized the land Formosa, it still has no progress at all. This
reminds me what the ancient Confucius talking, it’s a shame that you’re rich when the nation
is out of order; you can speak and act with no restraint when the nation is in order; yet act
directly for your purpose and speak carefully when the nation is out of order. The order means
the rule of law. Confucius also says that it’s a shame if you are rich while the nation is in turmoil
while you are poor when the nation is prosperous and in good order.

I must admit that I am very frustrated when I see such a wealthy nation as Argentina has such

a phenomenal where citizen are asking for help quite that often. 

No comments: