Thursday, December 24, 2015

Tips for European trips/ Carlos Pueblo

Tips for European trips/ Carlos Pueblo

I was very fortunate to run into three European tourists at the hostel in Buenos
Aires, Argentina. All three gives me some tips for my European tours next year.
I am going to have two months trip each next year to Europe, in April and September.
I’ll take a re-positioned cruise from Houston to Barcelona, Spain in April and with
The same ship back to Houston in October, of course I’ll have a round trip to fly
back and to Houston from Frankfurt, Germany in between.

First, I met Julian Von Usslar, a well learned young engineer from north Germany.
He said with such long time available in Europe, I should take a side trip to Istanbul,
Turkey for at least a week. The air fare is about 100 Euro from any of German city
to that city by Turkish Air Line because there are 3.5 millions of Turks live and work
in Germany. Istanbul is amazing that I have been told all the time. He says that sipping
sweet Turkish tea across the strait connecting Asia and Europe is like in the heaven.
On our brief exchange, we did cover a lot of territory and I was very amazed how broad
this young man knew, Sarajevo, Bosnia, Richard Holbrook, Dayton Accord, Santiago
Walk, Mt. Denali, Thich Nhat Hanh, Hakka, etc. He said German race has nothing to do
with Attila Huns, nothing related to Asia Huns as I asked him. We did have touched
Immanuel Kant, the philosopher from Konigsberg, East Prussia where his grand parents
were from. He didn’t know Kant’s book yet he recommended a book to read. I told him that
I knew Kant due to that Viet -Namese monk about phenomenal and nominal world,
horizontal and vertical which affected me ever since I read his book.

When I arrive Barcelona, I would go directly to a small nation on Franco-Spanish boulder,
Andorra for a visit. A young French lady, Helene Billand, drew a map for me. Then northward
to Toulouse,Rodez her hometown, then Lyon, Paris. I can also take a train across the middle
of France to Bordeaux, a famous wine country. She recommends me visit the Eastern European countries especially Slovenia.

I showed her drawing to another German senior, Jurgen Kurz, he said that was very closed to
his hometown, Freiburg, on the bank of River Rhine. I was very pleased that at least I knew
where to go in April, 2016.


No comments: