Saturday, May 6, 2023

Swimming 2023/Carlos Pueblo

 Swimming 2023/Carlos Pueblo

Finally I got the opportunity to swim at our community pool this year yesterday. Swimming is the only exercises which I can maintain regularly for the time being. I am afraid to injure my left knee again; therefore, I quit playing tennis. Of course, I can still walking to have some physical exercises while the weather is cool. Swimming is very nice for an old man.

Our homeowner association pays very much attention to our community pool and tennis courts. There are one and a half standard Olympic size pool at our community center. The pool is open between April 1 to October 1 every year; however, I have been busy travelling around and it is very difficult to keep a healthy body and warming weather simultaneously. I did have the opportunity to swim this year when I was on the Caribbean; yet, the pool on the cruise ship was sea water. It is not nice when I choke in the pool. I like the fresh water on our community pool.

Yesterday I did 10 laps altogether. I estimated about 2 kilometers, almost 1.2 miles. I am going back today and Sunday before I go to Alaska on a back to back cruises.

No comments: