Monday, May 29, 2023

Revisiting Japan 2023/Carlos Pueblo

 Revisiting Japan 2023/Carlos Pueblo

Before my first Alaska cruises this year, I booked a cruise trip from Seattle to Tokyo through Alaska again. I took the advantage of the discount, yet also worried about the threat of recession because of the inflation threat. The economic has been booming for such a long time even though I understand Biden's team are trying so hard to avoid it. I only expect to live this way of life for another 4 and a half year. At the last day of my second Alaska back trip, a lady from Seattle came to discuss with me about the Japanese trip and recommended me take additional two cruises on the same ship before Seattle embarkation. I did book such two cruises when I arrived home. There are about six cruise travelers will join us for this trip.

We all have some kinds of admiration of Japan, an amazing nation of the world. We drive Japanese vehicles and we are all very impressed of Japanese good manners. We all are very impressed how Japanese mean what they say. I personally show my impression and find myself to explain such phenomenon. I was discuss such common questions about the world confusion between Chinese and Taiwanese in the time of the threat of Chinese invasion of Taiwan with a Taiwanese Canadian on the ship. I suddenly realize that I do have something related to my Japanese admiration in family history. Both of my deceased parents were imperial Japanese citizen during the Emperor ruling of Taiwan between 1895 to 1945. I was born in 1947 two years after the end of the War. Both of my parents respected Japan very much in their mind until their end of their life even though it was a taboo under Chinese rule and Chinese thought. Taiwanese like us are closed to Japanese than Chinese and I don't consider myself have very much of Chinese.

On our latest trip to Japan, we stopped at a market to search left over unsold row fish, a merchant was very impressed of my description of my self-study Japanese in English. It is very fun and I enjoy very much when I travel in Japan. I tried to ask someone in our Taiwanese community in Houston to know how to visit Fuji Mountain by myself. Amy thinks that I am properly knows more in Japan than most of our fellow Taiwanese not in the travel industry.


No comments: