Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Repair the front yard/Carlos Pueblo

 Repair the front yard/Carlos Pueblo

Our front yard has a lot of damage throughout years of my negligence and finally, I must face it.  We have asked two landscape guys to give us offers to repair the dame in vain. I believe that is very difficult for guys to change their routine jobs to tackle with a different task. The number will be a shock to both of us. My last lawn repair was 11 years ago, the sod was one dollar a piece and now is $3.50 a piece. Most of the time it is out of supply. See, you have to grow the sod on a big piece of land with warm weather and plenty of water. Once the sod is ready, you must have a machine to harvest the product and cut it into pieces to be shipped to the garden supply store. $3.50 a piece is reasonable and I need about 100 pieces plus tax and shipping cost. Landscape bosses told me would cost $150 a day to hire a hand.

At the beginning, I slightly dug the damaged area with a shovel to soften the ground which didn't last very long because I was tired easily. I applied the sod on the damaged surface and believed that plenty of rain or water could make the difference. I see new grass leaves are coming out gradually. I find that there are more I need to repair on both of my front and back yard.

We do have neighbors who are keeping their yard in excellent shape like a small garden. I know that will take very much of effort and I admire it. I notice that I still need to remove all weeds out of our front and back yard. It is very difficult.

My west neighbor Mark and Forest's Mom Kathy both place seasonal flowers on their flowers beds and both of them receive the Yard of the month honor. It is a different kind of homeowner which I admire dearly. I always admire homeowner with a lovely front yard like a flower garden. I know that I must repair my front yard first and gradually make an improvement.

No comments: