Wednesday, February 3, 2021

The Corona virus one year/Carlos Pueblo

 The Corona virus one year/Carlos Pueblo

It has been exactly one year after the out break of the Chinese Wuhan Corona virus pandemic. We were on a 20 days trip to the Southeast Asia at that period of time without a mask to several crowded area, Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and a seven day cruise to Viet Nam. We were lucky to come back home safely. Since then, I have intensified my self exile life style to another level.

I get up very early in the morning to have a long walk around the neighborhood. I have added on more tennis during the week. I have had several naps during the day and go to bed very early everyday. Only strangers have attempted to call me to solicit some business. I have been away from the regular boring senior life.

I notice that there are many small leaves of the amaryllis coming out of the ground on the back yard. I have spread many of their flake like seeds during the end of flowering season. I gathered the dry seeds from the stem and spread them all over the yard. It will take 7 years to bloom from the seed as it is said. I also have had several home grown pineapple plants on the back yard. I burry the crown part on the ground and it keeps on growing. I don't think that I shall have any harvest after 18 months. I am also planning to grow some melons and the bitter gourd this year. The seeds are in pots now.

I have made more friends in the neighborhood via walking on streets. Many adorable pets dogs and cats know me as their friends obviously. I consider that is my life time achievement. I am living in a new normal life.

No comments: