Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Do I need to appreciate the ROC for my college study?/Carlos Pueblo

 Do I need to appreciate the ROC for my college study?/Carlos Pueblo

During the frozen Texas week I was involving an explanation of the Texas grid on my old college classmate line group. The issue was side tracked by comments from three friends about my political belief of the Taiwan Independence via the appreciation of the ROC government and the prohibition of using the terminology of the Chinese Wuhan Corona Virus Pandemic. It is very small platform on line for me to argue back; therefore, I like to take advantage of my blog to make further discussion of the future of Taiwan.

I appreciate very much for my admission to the National Taiwan Normal University for a study to be a secondary school teacher. The Chinese Nationalist regime under Chiang Kai-sek provided a tuition free program plus a meager allowance of New NT$200 a month equivalent to US$5 at that time between 1967-1971. In return, I must teach 5 years at the school in order to leave the country. Chinese rulers always think this way that they own the people like own a huge herd of cattle. I finished my two year military draft and two years teaching waved that three years teaching duty to go abroad for the graduate study according to its own policy. I have never felt that I owe anything to the government, the Republic of China, for that tuition free favor like that I don't owe anything to the U.S. government for the assistance of my graduate study. Even if I decided to go back to teach at the school, I was not qualified as a school teacher. As a matter of the fact, the ROC has never wanted a political dissident to enter Taiwan. I shall tell two stories of a typical Chinese rulers' mentality.

Mr. Lee Tse-sheng was my fellow classmate of the Chemistry class 1971. He was assigned to a Provincial Girls High to teach for the internship and was draft to the military service for two years thereafter. After the military service, he selected another senior high to continue his teaching service and was stopped due to his tuberculosis infected during his two years in the army. I ran into him at a bus stop on a busy high way to Taipei. We had had a long chat about his life. He was supported by his newly wed wife and prepared to take the National Higher Examination in order to be back to work for the government. He made it and I was told that he worked for a government liquor monopoly lab in his hometown. 

Yesterday I delivered 30 grape fruits to my tennis buddy Tony for his severe cold. I saw a street called Joan of Arc at the Memorial Village. It reminds me a story of a client who uses to live on this street. She told me a sad story of his father with a Chinese significant in the 70's. Her father was educated at a law school at the Manchuria before WWII and back to Taiwan after the War. He was a warden of a big jail before he was elected to be a Magistrate of Tainan. At his first term ended and he prepared for his reelection. A Chinese senior deputy of the ruler came to solicit some money for his nomination. The sum was huge and he hesitated. Before he said no, he was threw into jail. The family managed the sum to that Chinese named Huan Lee, later became the premier. He was released from the jail due to his health condition. He died soon after.

I don't like the Chinse rule in Taiwan. Fortunately, now the nationalist Chinese regime has been replaced by the Native Taiwanese regime. Even though the Communist Chinese is till put up threat to annex Taiwan. I feel more comfortable with the current Taiwanese government.


No comments: