Friday, April 15, 2016

Reviewing photos on a television screen/Carlos Pueblo

Reviewing photos on a television screen/Carlos Pueblo
I offered to review photos with my host family on my cherry blossom visit
This year, then T.K. recommended me invite his son, Daniel, to join us and
put the photos on a television screen. He connected my camera through an
old Acer tablet and to a T.V. screen. He can enlarge on a certain part of the
photo and compare with some other pictures simultaneously. The flowers,
their colors and background become very impressed. This is one of the new
technology which makes our life so wonderful now a day and also makes me
look like a professional photographer.

This reminds me how far that I have been through with such revolution of
Technology. I was brought up with log book to deal with some application of
calculus in thermodynamic  homework instead of slide rule, a more expansive
apparatus made in West Germany during that time in the mid-60. 10 years later
in the send half of 70, I still manage my physical chemistry with that log book
through the graduate study because that I wanted to save some spendable money
to buy a pocket computer made by Texas Instrument for $100. When I bought one
for my son Arthur, it was less than $10. I have lost my dependence of calculator  
ever since. I have used a simple pocket adding calculator for my life needs including
the daily fluctuation of my investment portfolio.

Now I am really an almost computer illiterate. I am fortunate to have my son to stay
With us in the family and solve my problem to operate the internet. He puts a small
memorial hard disk onto a tablet to hook up with a T.V. and the computer has already
program to have a slide show, of course, it takes a long time to view 1,500 pictures.

One day, I was presenting a talk of my 3 weeks trip to Japan in Austin. I thought that I
had uploaded my pictures onto a lap top computer. First my cable was not compatible
to the slide machine and secondly, I didn’t know the lab top was broken. The audience
were very patient with me that day.

After the review of photos on a TV screen, I went back to Tidal basin to view the cherry
blossom for the rest of my staying. I developed a new emphasize on my shooting of
pictures. I pay more attention on angle and color selection.


No comments: