Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Quitclaim Deed/Carlos Pueblo

Quitclaim Deed/Carlos Pueblo

After returning from annual D.C.it, I ran into Arthur’s day off and I asked him
for the process of Quitclaim Deed. We try to avoid the auto increase of property
tax for the house which he owns 50%. In Texas, most of the property owner pays
3% of property tax which includes city, county, and school district tax, of the property
value. The appraisal district will automatically increase the property value up to 10%
each year in order to increase the revenue. You can protest to the appraisal district;
however, the rate of success is rare unless you go through a special accounting firm
to do it for you with a price of sharing the saving. Fortunately, I am more than 65 years
old and I can file for a senior discount, he agrees.

Before the cherry blossom tour, I went to Office Depot to purchase a Quitclaim form
and made a copy. After preparing the form, all of us went to Chase Bank of a free notary
service; however, we ran into the same problem that was the bank would not provide
two additional witness; therefore, we went to my old office neighbor Svadenah, an auto
dealer’s accounting firm for help. We got it done and promise to buy the entire firm lunch
two days later for all the free service, same quitclaim deed for the old house and three wills
etc.

The next destination was downtown, Harris County Clerk Office. I had had a hard time to park
the vehicle on the left side of a one way street. A friendly old man guided me to avoid rear
collusion and luck me, a lady passing by and offered me a free parking ticket for her un-using
hours. We entered the course house and passing the security check like the airport and I notice
no wonder the tax needed to be increased constantly. I have done such procedure once before
and it was no problem at all that I knew what I was doing. On my way out of the court house, I
stopped a vehicle and asked the driver if he liked to have a free parking ticket. You should see his
face of appreciation. The kindly old man came back and asked for two dollars as a tip for his service.
Finally, I gave in for a dollar and both of us were very happy.

Now we are waiting for the three pages paper work to be registered and mailed back to us; there
after, we can file for homestead exemption and senior exemption to get the tax rate down for next
year, 2017. I know this because in my young age, I have had some continuation for real estate law
in Texas. Quitclaim Deed has been a very interesting subject in that real estate studying. I have always
admire the legal system of the United States of America, a sufficient, fair, and considerate, is my
conclusion of such system; therefore, makes the nation great.



No comments: