Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hains Point on East Potomac Park/ Carlos Pueblo

Hains Point on East Potomac Park/ Carlos Pueblo

I reached to Hains Point on the east end of the park, while Washington
Canal and Potomac River meet and form the Chesapeake Bay. I have been
one of the few visitors reach out to this part of cherry blossom every year.
Not like the Tidal Basin, the trees are considered younger than the former
Area; therefore, you can still enjoy the late Yoshino blossom and the majority
of flowering cherry trees are Yoshino. Hains was the Army engineer in charge of
the flood control work of the capital. It was flooded often in the Capital at the
beginning of the Republic. There is a good size of a parking lot and picnic ground
at Hains Point area; therefore, many visitors get off the bus and walk toward all
the Memorials; therefore, you see some visitors are taking pictures along the
walking path.

This was the second walk for on this trip, one was just done yesterday when I arrived.
 Most trees are Yoshino except a few Takesimensis on both sides near the end of the
gulf course as the map indicates. Takesimensis is single petal without significant bee
hives shape of flower branch. Until the area of park tennis court, we can see some willow
shape of flowering cherry tree, I still cannot identify their names, either Autumn Flowering
or Okame and I do see one or two Kwanzan ready to bloom. I took a nap on a dry bench
and ten skip Jefferson Memorial toward Tidal Basin Welcome Area.

The Cherry Blossom Festival sets up tents north of the Basin with small pier of vending boats
on one side and a large open ground on the other side toward Washington Memorial. Right
adjacent to the Area, there is a newly open turnips garden attracted many visitors. I believe
that is only open for two or three years, previously, I must go to the White house to see the
backyard garden of turnips through the steel fence. Of course, you can see some pretty
magnolia blossom.  There is a performing tent for the artists to perform for the festival. I see
those young artists to set up equipment and remove them before and after the show. One of
the lady singer tells us to visit her youtube for her song. I appreciate Google even more, if you
like my article, you can go to my blog to read it, you or the future generation can utilize such
modern technology.

After dinner, my host and I  review today’s pictures and exchange some view of the nature.
A night later,  his son Daniel joins us and he extend the pictures to a television screen and enlarge

some interested point to make this cherry blossom more interesting. 

No comments: