Saturday, April 22, 2023

The old and lonely life/Carlos Pueblo

 The old and lonely life/Carlos Pueblo

After coming back from a three weeks trip to Japan, I felt my old and lonely life appearance. I was sick with a cold infection and tired with a jet lag. I was in an early morning six hours train ride from the northwest part of Japan to Tokyo Narita Airport. Then a 14 hours flight back to Houston that made me very fatigue. I almost forgot how enjoyable of the trip.

I always like to compare my life to my late father, as a matter of fact that I have outlive him for 10 years. He was not as lucky as I am in a different era. He lived in a hard time for all his life in Taiwan. He couldn't determine his life but facing it and manage it to his best. I am aware that I am old and lonely. I manage to go on my life that I must be careful when I am alone must of my life.

Amy's mother used to stay with us when both of our children were young. I had witness her old life yet not lonely. She had a busy senior life since her 60's. We used to be her chauffeur to all her senior activities. I am on the opposite that I am alone. I select to be alone. I go out to travel. I am still taking my continue education of the American law and order. I watch all Trump's legal issues and also I am watching for the international politic. I am still very lonely.

No comments: