Friday, April 28, 2023

Repair damaged front yard/Carlos Pueblo

 Repair damaged front yard/Carlos Pueblo

Our front yard has been damaged by a kind of bug laid eggs on the lawn. The St. Augustine grass leaves turned yellow plus some dry summers. New leaves have never been able to cover the damage. We have asked two lawnmowers to give us estimates. Both won't take the job to rebuild it. I am forced to do it again. I did have once to repair a small area on our back yard with identical damage which is very common lawn disease.

I first drove to the old landscape store on Highway 6. I made a wrong turn and missed it. I turned to a garden shop nearby our house. They ran out of sod inventory. I decided to remove some portion of the healthy lawn from our backyard to put in the front yard. It was too little to make it up and I was very tired due to my age. I need about 100 pieces of one square foot sod to make a difference.

The following day, I drove back again to another store near by our old house north of I-10. I bought 25 pieces for $3.50 a piece. The sod were not good looking, obviously were there for a while and I have no better choice. I laid down all of them on a little bit soften damaged ground. Neighbors passed by and curiously asking me what I was doing. I explained that I did build my hard working chores habit some half of a century ago when I was in Taiwanese conscription. The only difference is that it is very hard for me to do this kind of hard labor.

I was lucky of the rain. I hope that would help to make it work. After it works, I shall apply again some fertilizer on the surface and one more time for the entire front and back yard to strengthen our lawn grass. In case of the identical condition, I shall apply chemical immediately.

No comments: