Sunday, April 30, 2023

Re-visiting Portland, Maine 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Re-visiting Portland, Maine 2022/Carlos Pueblo

Portland, Maine is a regular port for the New England and NE Canadian Provinces cruise route which I have taken regularly and also one of the main stop for the North Atlantic cruises. It is an old port for the European immigrants to be settled in the New World. I also am familiar with Portland, Oregon on the Pacific Coast that I like it very much. The New England cruises are my regular summer vacation to avoid the heat way in Houston, Texas. Usually I have made a back to back arrangement for such cruise trips to save some airfares.

The first stop was a cloudy day after a rainy day at New Port, Rhode Island. The port was quiet in compare to my previous experience. I got off the ship and walked into the harbor establishment. A lobster eatery on the harbor is familiar to me called the Porthole lobster restaurant. You can order a pair of small lobster and eat them outside on open seats by ships to enter the harbor. I have dined here twice even though I don't usually eat outside of the cruise ship. I walked into a familiar fish market to take some pictures of fish prices per pound. It is very nice to live here to have plenty of fish to eat. They are fresh and prices are reasonable.

I walked briefly into the city center in order to see if I can buy ear plug for my swimming on board. It was out of the summer season; therefore, I couldn't find it available. The city does have nice and classic buildings and looks rich and affluent. I can see that is a tourist city in New England.

Very soon, I returned back to the ship for lunch and programs in the afternoon. I get tired very easily nowadays. I went to swim anyway without ear plug and swimming goggles. It was not comfortable yet I did have some exercises.

No comments: