Friday, April 21, 2023

Returning visit to New Port, Rhode Island/Carlos Pueblo

 Returning visit to New Port, Rhode Island/Carlos Pueblo

New Port, Rhode Island is on the lists of ports on New England/Canadian Provinces cruises which I select to take almost every year during the summer. According to my habit I only take a walk at the city by the port, actually it is the old town area. New Port is the home town of the late Senator Claiborne Pell who was a friend of Taiwan.

We took a tender boat to the shore. It was a rainy day which was very miserable. I am familiar with the port and decided to march again toward the right direction. The port was no longer as busy as before due to the pandemic; however, it was still maintained very well everywhere. We have already made the purchase of the cruise; therefore, we might just enjoy our limited time here to this lovely town. There is an harbor area with luxury yachts. This city is one of the host port for the famous America Cup racing. From the spot, we can view the bridge far away in name of the late Senator to connect the island to the Mainland New England.

I walked some more miles to enjoy the nice and quiet of a rainy day in New England. A mail man was following me along the way. I believed that I did enter a small museum backyard to see a lovely garden. I have learned how to enjoy my senior life by cruise ship traveling around the world. It is very nice that I don't feel a burden financially.

I saw some passengers were returning back to the ship. It was more comfortable and more interesting on the ship. I decided to end my leisure venture of the day.

No comments: