Saturday, September 16, 2023

Invited to a farewell party/Carlos Pueblo

 Invited to a farewell party/Carlos Pueblo

The other day, Peter Lin Called to invite me a his farewell party lunch at a local restaurant. It is the second time in a week to meet an old friend during my insurance career. He was my client and good friend. He is going to live close to his three sons in the Los Angeles area in order to be closed to his sons and families. I am very happy for him.

He was from an humble family background yet he was prevailed in his study at schools in Taiwan. He was a graduate from the famous Taipei Institute of Technology and completed his engineer degree in Japan, then continue his graduate study in the U.S. After the advanced graduate degrees, he went to Canada as an engineer. I knew him when he immigrated to Houston with his family in order to be closed to his brother-in-law, my big insurance client.

He started a new career as a scrap metal trader as well as a slot machine venders. Both his wife Jean and he have worked very hard to bring up their three sons to be successful professionals in the society. The eldest son is an eye surgeon, Ophthalmologist; the second son is a Dermatologist; while the youngest son is an attorney. He has made the first move to immigrate out of Taiwan to set up the foundation and his children have succeeded his goal. Both his younger children are present at the party.

I congratulate him for his successful immigration story. I have admired such wonderful immigration story in this great nation. I wish him well and I may one day visit him in Los Angeles, California when I disembark at Long Beech, California on my Panama Canal Route.

No comments: