Thursday, January 12, 2023

Drinking parties on sea days at Encore/Carlos Pueblo

 Drinking parties on sea days at Encore/Carlos Pueblo

Drinking on board at the cruise is very expansive and popular. People are used to purchase a package before or on board with a discount. If you are not a drinker regularly, it doesn't bother you at all. If you drink casually, a drinking party on a sea day is attractive because that you feel that you are saving some money. Encore is a newer ship and one of the largest with this cruise liner. I am very impressed with their drinking parties on sea days.

First party is usually held on the first sea day at noon. The Cruise Next department shall invite repeated customers for a drink. It is held at a large room with a bar bar waiters are summoned from bars from all the ship. You can have the wine and mixed drink in a short period of time. You can witness a long que waiting to get in before the opening. I usually grape one glass of red wine and take one out for my lunch thereafter. The alcohol is not good for all my diabetes pills yet I sacrifice them for my fun.

There is also another drinking party for platinum and above latitude class members. Before you reach the platinum class you must have the bronze, the silver, and the gold status which means you must satisfy certain cruise days. the general manager at Encore has a better budget and he is more generous; therefore, he holds one more party with a mixed drink and the wine party and a beer party saperately in a large restaurant  as well as the Brew house. Some older ship with a limited budget would hold a wine party only for the platinum members on the Cellar.

On our second back trip, in addition to all of those parties mentioned above, I received an invitation card from the general manager on my new room desk to a drinking party on the Heaven. The Heaven is the most luxury area on the top of the ship for the rich and dare to spend the fund. The frugal person like me always budget myself in a basic minimum inside stateroom when I purchase the cruise fare. It was the first time that I have the opportunity to see the set up of the Heaven class. It was on an observation lounge with an entrance of a swimming pool. It is identical to the commoner's observation floor on the 14th deck yet you don't have to fight for a seat of lying sofa to observe the glacier.

No comments: