Friday, January 6, 2023

Observing the current U.S. economy/Carlos Pueblo

 Observing the current U.S. economy/Carlos Pueblo

Our daughter Michelle asks for a loan to build a small mansion on her E. 10th St lot in Austin, Texas. I went out to banks and a security broker house to check if I could lend her the fund under my self directed rollover IRA? A nice broker tells me No that it is considered as a withdraw with income tax consequence. Both banks are all very busy and I must set an appointment to ask questions. I have a sense that the U.S. economy is moving out of the pandemic and is thriving again.

The U.S. stock market is up on the first week of the year. I am down about 43% of my peak in the near past so is the U.S. Government because IRS is another share holder of my portfolio, either the pension or the regular accounts. IRS has very much interest on my financial well being. The Fed Reserve is not going to drop the interest rate; therefore, it means the inflation is more on the Chairman's concern that the recession. Amy tells me that the fresh produce is more expansive than before, that is inflation indeed. I go out to cruise in order to save her some food cost at home that she is in charge of the grocery shopping.

Cruises prices are more expansive and there is no last minute deal nowadays. I still can buy some cheap and low quality steak on sale some weekly; however, the meat is not good for my health if I enjoy it too much. I learn it that farmers can be benefit from the inflation because their produce prices are up so is their income. Once the Dollar is diminished means the currency circulation is well and there is no contraction of money to the economic development. The U.S. economic engine likes the locomotive to move the whole world economy again and again.

I am optimistic in the future U.S. economy and it is a soft landing. The U.S. population are not afraid of spending no matter of the poor or the rich. That consumption will carry on the economy to move forward.

No comments: