Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Left knee is injured/Carlos Pueblo

 Left knee is injured/Carlos Pueblo

My left knee is injured; therefore. I must quit my morning tennis exercises in order to keep my body balance. The pain is not severe, yet the left foot can't withhold its share of my body weight. If I don't behave properly, I must have a surgery to replace my left knee. My neighbor Mike shows me his knee replacement which has taken more than a month to be recovered. I don't want to do that way. 

I am going to do the Tibetan dancing from now on. I may go back my morning walk on the neighborhood. In the summer I shall swim. My life will still go on meaningfully.

I have had a good memory of my tennis hobby. I played tennis when I was 14 at my home town in Taiwan. We played Japanese Tennis with the bamboo made rackets and robber balls. I was very good and was on the school teams both at the junior high as well as at the college. The hobby was interrupted after I left my hometown to study in Taipei, the capital city of Taiwan in 1963. I picked up Michelle's old racket to play the regular tennis in 1996. I have joined captain Steiner's group Tuesday evening and Saturday morning . He is in his 80's and still playing with us, a new group organized by me, on both Tuesday and Saturday mornings. I am aware someone in his 90's and is still playing the league's matches before the pandemic. Of course, their knees are still not hurting.

I can also extend my summer swimming into the winter on board of a cruise ship. It is the cooling sea water from the engine room. I have done that on three ships this past 6 months. I can also swing golf sticks on a simulator on board.


No comments: