Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Visiting Wurzburg after returning to Frankfurt, Germany/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Wurzburg after returning to Frankfurt, Germany/Carlos Pueblo

After finishing my stay at Hamburg, I took a express train south to Frankfurt
for my final 5 days in Germany. I visited a lovely city of Wurzburg on the bank
of River Main east of Frankfurt Am Main some 75 miles west of Nuremberg.
Two of my friends recommended this college town of 124,000 inhabitants to
me before my trip which I was mostly appreciated. A visitor map indicated
41 significant places for me to visit yet I could only finished some of them,
Wurzburg Residence, the University of Wurzburg, the Old Main Bridge, and
Fortress Marienberg.

The way which I walked toward Wurzburg Residence was bypassing the Cathedral
of St. Killan and I was unable to go back to view this magnificence. The Residence
Palace is an UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site built from 1720-1744 while Wurzburg
was a kingdom of a duke in Bavaria. I skipped the visit of the interior current day museum
yet I did have a very good visit of the rose garden and took pictures of almost every one
of the rose blooming. It is one of my favorite rose gardens around the world and I do have
a lot of photo collection. I turned to the University of Wurzburg right at the corner of the
Palace. The University is also called Alte Universitat or Julius-Maxmmilians-University back
track since 1402. This University and Wurzburg University of Applied Science nearby are
the largest employers at Wurzburg; therefore, I call the city a college town. You can feel it
when you walk down to the old town.

I walked down to Neubaustrabe toward the River of Main in order to reach the old Main
Bridge, Alte Mainbrucke which was built from 1473-1543. It is only for pedestrian. I could
see the visitors enjoying their beers and wines on the bridge on chairs or at the edge of the
bridge barriers to view the river. I knew that I was able to join them due to my lack of Euros
and I was not quite brought up that habit at all. It is a reminder of my personal philosophy
that it my money is in the bank account not in my pocket, I am still like a poor man like if
I am rich yet I don’t have time or habit to spend it. I would be look like a poor man and this is
what is described on the Diamond Sutra, the rich is the poor while the pretty is also not pretty.

I decided to climb up to the Fortress Maienberg which was started in 1200 and before. There is
a wine trail to come down to the River. The Fortress is on the hill overlooking the city and I still
can see the wall of the castle and becomes a pretty park within. There are some walnut grove

in the park with many walnut fruits spread all over the ground. The Castle has become to a museum as all of the European Palaces.  Vineyard is down hill.

No comments: