Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Eugenia from Hong Kong/Carlos Pueblo

Eugenia from Hong Kong/Carlos Pueblo

I met Eugenia, a young lady from Hong Kong at my hostel stay in
Frankfurt, Germany. She was on her European tour from Edinburgh,
Scotland to Germany and Western Europe for three months. She
gave me a small bag of Chinese herb cold medicine to release my
severe cold from weeks of wondering in Europe. I accompanied her
to visit Frankfurt old town, 30 home gardens on River Main toward
Offenback city, one of the flood zone projects, and also to
visit Heidelberg.   

She is a book editor and a freelance writer in Hong Kong. I was surprised
that she helped to edit an European history book which I mentioned to
her about my previous European tour. She also showed me her visit of
Japan, a different kind of journey from me that she stayed in one scenery
place during her visit instead of riding on the speed train around the country.
She writes about her experience in the traveling and about life and art
actually she is quite young at her age. I took her to walk east on the bank
of Main through several parks and passing the water lock, then the beginning
of 30 small flood zone gardens. Unfortunately, it was not in the spring that
gardens were not as attractive as my previous visits. She and my previous guest
were both fond of the swing.

She took me to a popular coffee shop at the old town area and taught me how
to drink coffee. All kinds of coffee prepared by a head chief like a shushi chief
in a Japanese restaurant. She ordered two kinds of hot water rinsed coffee
and a milky cappuccino in addition for her. She asked me to try one rinsed
African Uganda with fruit taste. I was amazed the coffee chief’s job and the waters
and waitresses surrounding him. Business was excellent and one order of coffee
and dessert in shop liked an order of plate in a fancy restaurant. She showed me
her pictures collection of cappuccino milk pattern when she visited in japan.

One day we took a bus to visit Heidelberg. Right in front of the train station is
the world famous Heidelberg Media Academy, the Heidelberg Printing Machines.
She used to work for a printing company in Hong Kong and gave me a very detailed
introduction of the company and even found a sample of yearly calendar shown
on the exhibition was actually a product of her old company. We walked through
the old town Heidelberg toward the ruined castle. She went inside to visit the museum
and I waited outside to repeat my lovely memory of this pretty city.




No comments: