Thursday, June 22, 2017

Visiting Fussen at the foot of Alps/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Fussen at the foot of Alps/Carlos Pueblo

People refer Fussen, a small town at Germany-Austria border, to me for
three fairy tale castles just two miles south at the foot of Alps Mountain,
Neuschwanstein Castle, Hohenschwangau Castle, and Linderhof Palace.
All were built in 19th century , two by Ludwig II and one by his father
Maxmilian. Disney has copied these three for its Cinderella program both
Disneyland at Orange County, California and Disney World in Orlando,
Florida. After I read some history of Ludwig II of Bavaria, I noticed that
he was the one participated in both Prussia-Austria War and Prussia-
France War. His grandfather, Ludwig I, was the reason of the famous
Octofeast, Beer Festival of Munich. I reached to Fussen, a pretty small
town of 15,000, yet I missed the opportunity to go further to three
castles palace and the beautiful swan lake, Alpsee Lake. Lucy Lin of Taiwan
mentions that there is a pretty garden at the lake which is her mother’s
favorite. I missed it due to two reasons, two hour time constraint and no
available Euro at hand. I am determined to make another trip in the future.

I walked to the old town and visited this lovely Bavarian territory. I felt
that I was in Austria, gentleman with short and high stock with a leather
on the hat and the young lady clerk at stores dressed with colorful. There
were tourists sitting on the streets to drink beer and wine. The town is not
too big at all for me to walk twice within two hours of waiting the train
back to Frankfurt. The city hall is on the street open for visitors and many
small market squares among the old town area. I walked to an old monastery
St. Mang’s Basilica, a park and museum nowadays that I could view the bridge
over the River Lech.

I walked to an old church with some church yard with a small garden. It seemed
to have an activity just finished inside the church dining room. A gentleman
smiled at me and pointed to the back direction before I asked anything.. It was
the bathroom which solved one of my major concern. I picked up three solid
apples in the yard on the branch. Local German apple has a bit sour taste yet
very crispy and delicious. I wished that I had picked some more that afternoon.

I was on my way back to Munich and transferred to another express back to
Frankfurt, another 6 hours wait and ride. I ran into a handsome friendly yellow
Laboratory playing around the train hallway with passengers. He was going to
Hamburg with his young couple owners. He answered my whistle yet I wondered
If he understood my English. I felt a bit of homesickness.



No comments: