Saturday, June 17, 2017

Visiting Konigstrbe, Hamburg/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Konigstrbe, Hamburg/Carlos Pueblo

After I arrived in Hamburg, Germany, I extended my train ride north to
Lubeck. This is a calculated way to utilized my 10 day Eurail pass in a month
to visit more German cities; however, I was very much exhausted for such
long journey under poor condition, i.e. nutrition and quality of night stay
because of my frugality and stubbornness to hand on to my awkward
situation. I could only visited Konigstrabe, a street area near by the hostel
instead of the great city of Europe.

Brazilian  roommate and his Venezuelan friend took me to a supermarket to
buy some food. He looked at me and said nicely that I liked vegetable, indeed,
there were several reasons why I selected vegetable, inexpensive one like
potato, green onion, carrot, tomatoes, etc. Later, I found out that he followed
my way to have some vegetable cooking for his daily need of food. These young
immigrants took advantage of open border visa to travel in European Union
nations seeking for job to earn a living that I understood and respected because
I was at the same situation 40 some years ago. During the day, they all sit in
the kitchen tables searching for job opportunity and I had to wait for the limited
electrical plugs available to re-charge my notebook.

I walked through a nice busy stripe of business area to have my daily meal in addition
to my combination vegetable soup. I had had two days of MacDonald’s and apples
from a fruits stand under a road bridge. The owner and some of the business owners
are immigrants mostly from Turkey. I could see part of Hamburg looked like part of
Houston, a working city for immigrants.

In order to write my journal, I check again the map of Hamburg and I find out that I
should visit more of the city especially the ship terminal just next to Konigstrabe
hospital, of course, it is easy to say now. I did miss the cruise terminal on Norderelbe,
I thought was North Elbe River where I almost took a cruise to Norway Fjords recently
From Hamburg to London South Hampton. I missed the mighty ship building of Hamburg.


No comments: