Sunday, August 13, 2023

My second visit of Bar Harbor, Maine in 2022/Carlos Pueblo






 My second visit of Bar Harbor, Maine in 2022/Carlos Pueblo

After Portland, Maine, the cruise ship sailed over night and arrived to Bar Harbor, Maine for my second visit of this lovely town of the New England in the United States. It is my intention to  make a back to back cruise journey of two weeks in order to make me feel save a pair of airplane tickets to lower my daily cost of the cruise trip. I don't mind how many times which I have been to the place. They are all very beautiful and wonderful to visit.

It is not quite a dock at Bar Harbor to take such huge cruise ship. We use a commercial tender service to get on to the town. The lovely Bar Harbor Inn is located on the left hand side with a lovely garden park with a small pavilion. Flower gardens are in front of the old section of the inn. There is another new addition of the inn by the park with many more apartment style of rooms available to visitors of the New England. I volunteered to introduce the scenery to a younger original couple to get started to visit the foot path on the coastal line toward the boarder fence of the Acadia National Park. I emphasized many lovely home gardens along the way. One by the inn and the other one right at the end of the path to turn right to the main street of the town center. I forgot to mention the lonely apple tree divided the small coastline path. Of course, the floating lobster traps were still on the sea surface.

It was again at the end of the summer season. I could feel the lonesome Main Street. The lobster restaurant which my childhood neighbor and her friends dined last week was closed. The owner even took down the sign of the restaurant. So were the art gallery and many local gifts shops. I still could get a scoop of a delicious ice cream. I couldn't wait till I reached back to the ship due to mu low blood sugar. 

No comments: