Monday, August 21, 2023

Small incidents during my daily routine/Carlos Pueblo

 Small incidents during my daily routine/Carlos Pueblo

Even though my daily life is in routine, yet there are still small incidents occurred which are bothersome. I have been like this way of life since 2012 when I turned 65 with the Medicare that made me feel more secure at the old age. I have lived in a very simple way of life, I do exercises in the morning and take several naps thereafter. I don't need to worry about the money because I do have the social security income and the requirement minimum distribution on my pension plans. However small incidents with costs unexpectedly have bothered me briefly with small costs. Recent summer heat way has destroyed my front yard lawn which I repaired in the spring plus the drought has made yards at the brink of collapsing. I was worried about the memory of my old Smartphone because the cable of the adapter was broken and I couldn't find any spare at home. I moved my old car parking on the street and damaged the right front tire.

This is a very hot summer and hardly has a rain shower. I didn't water the yards because I didn't realize how severe it would be until I saw the dry dead of the lawn. Now I still have a hard time to water the yard due to the heat way. It is too late now to salvage the loss which I must pay. I don't dare to make an estimate of the cost.

I have used this old Smartphone for a while and the cable of the adaptor was broken obviously because it was not working some time. I worried about loosing my small data after the battery went dead. I have set up my 401k account on this phone; therefore, I can check out the account value while I am away on cruises. It's only make me feel good when the market is up. I can also used another old i-phone to trade stocks when I am away on a trip. That i-phone adaptor cable is still working now. I went to stores to check on the cost to replace it. They are very expensive against my frugal charter. I then asked people to help me to purchase it on line. I don't have enough common sense about the electronic and can't figure out what the difference of 12V from 15V. Finally, my son Arthur helps me to purchase it along with his battery power light in order to put it into use for the hurricane season of lost power.

I tried to be nice to move my old vehicle up one spot in order to make a better space to the mail lady to deliver my mails. I didn't stop and took a look when the car ran into something and kept on pushing on. I felt the flat tire which I ran over a storm sewer plastic pipe. A tow truck came in to rescue me by changing the spare. My tennis leading partner came in to pick up me for the morning tennis. I didn't dare to drive the spare tire vehicle to swim and finally I drive carefully to make it to the tire store. It costs me $101 to replace tha tire with prorated warranty discount.

No comments: