Saturday, August 28, 2021

A week visit of Costa Rica/Carlos Pueblo

 A week visit of Costa Rica/Carlos Pueblo

On August 9, 2021, all our family have visited a resort village of Costa Rica on the Pacific side.

We went through both new Corona Virus requirements to exit and re-enter the country. We must provide our vaccine shots to be verified in order to get a bar code; we also required to take a test to be negative in order to get a permission to re-enter to the U.S. There are still man people travelling.

We were taken by a shuttle van for about 10 passengers to get out of San Jose Airport in a direction which I didn't know. I thought that San Jose was on the Atlantic side and we were visiting on the Atlantic side. Now I check the address and map and I find that I am still visiting the Pacific side. San Antonio or the Manuel Antonio is on the south west part of the Capital San Jose about 179 miles away. Last time I visited the Pacific side of this nation, I was on a cruise sailing across the Panama Canal and I was very comfortable. This time is totally different and I vomited and so did Amy. It was a ride of more than 4 hours from the airport.

Our stay at the Jungle Vista Inn is very comfortable that I have forgiven Michelle who arranges the drill. The lovely inn is build on a side of hill six story high. We are on the top by a tropical jungle with huge bamboo grove and  tall trees. Reception is on the fifth floor while the street level is on the fourth level, the restaurant is on the four while we must enter the swimming pool and walk up to it. Two small pools like the back yard size pool on the 3rd and 4th floor all facing the adjacent jungle. There is a sloths hanging on the  top of a tall tree out side of our balcony with a skin color similar to the trunk. This slow moving animal rarely moves out of his holding  of the branch. 

There are at least three kinds of monkeys in the jungle, the white face monkey called Caribloanco, the smaller golden monkeys called Titi, and the Congo negro who make very loud noise early in the morning. Cariblancos come to visit us every morning a little bit after seven o'clock while we have our breakfast. First, they were away a bit at the pool area, then closer to the roof an hanging down near our table, one the third morning even come to our table for me to take photos. They are very friendly. Titi is a surprised encountering. One day we walked to the village for some grocery shopping, there were a group of 40 of them walking on lines above the street to cross the street to the other side. One raining afternoon, I found two of them jumping around our backyard jungle. When I was a school boy, we recited a famous piece of literature about a golden monkey mother that I still remember the first two sentences.

I keep good correspondence with my old college classmates line group. I went to check on a request of the Mahogany furniture. I couldn't find the famous tree yet I did have some photos at a gift shop on the next door famous Hotel La Marisposas, a beautiful garden inside well maintained.

I run out of space to describe some more interesting things on this trip. For a reason or two, we went to the village to have a nice Thai dinner. The restaurant's name is Samui and suddenly there are two other Japanese words come up to me, wabishi and sabishii. I asked my classmate Roger to identify these three words. He gave me 寒い,侘びし,寂しい,these three words are in my mind from my childhood; however, most of the times I am confused.


No comments: