Saturday, July 1, 2023

The stock market was up last week/Carlos Pueblo

 The stock market was up last week/Carlos Pueblo

The US stock market was up last week a little bit to recover some losses on the previous week. It is the resilient of the US economy during the inflation and investors are still hoping our soft landing for the long growth of a decade. We all keep our life time savings on the market and we have a sign of release.

The short term interest rate is mush higher than before because the Federal Reserve like to cool down the inflation. We pay more attention to what we purchase in order to make ourselves comfortable of fighting the inflation. Amy agrees to my purchase of on sale beef on Wednesday every week. I only buy steak on sale to cook beef noodle for Arthur on Sunday.

The short term interest rate is higher than the long term; therefore, our financial advisor tells us is a good time to get into bond. I shall let you judge if this is correct. She says also that the recession is not avoidable. The fluctuation of the market would determine my mood daily. Of course, I don't believe a wipe out market eventually because that will be the end of many people.

I know that the light bill is high during the summer in Houston, as a matter of the fact, the heating gas is about the same in the winter in Houston as well. We have to pay real estate tax and homeowner association fee every year like renting from the local governments. We have to pay IRS for what we take out from the RMD, the requirement minimum distribution, as well as the gains from our savings investment, now even our social security incomes are included. That's why I can get a relief feeling by shopping for grocery when it's on sale.

I am back to play tennis in order to keep myself active. I also swim. These physical exercises shall keep me healthy. As long as I am healthy, I should be able to enjoy my senior life no matter what the inflation or the market are doing.

No comments: