Sunday, July 23, 2023

My repeated visit of Portland, Maine 20222/Carlos Pueblo




 My repeated visit of Portland, Maine 20222/Carlos Pueblo

Portland, Maine is located on the eastern coast of Maine. The city is very friendly to the cruise and is a fix point of the New England and Canadian Northeastern provinces route. I have been to this route several times since 2011. I can march along the harbor area and get to the city center easily. It is a very old and traditional colony of the new world. This time I attempted to buy a swimming goggles for my morning exercises on board yet there is none available due to the end of summer season. I took a different way to see the city included the city hall, a senior high school building, and a center by the Bank of America. 

Usually, I would follow passengers from the ship to walk along restaurants and gift shops along the harbor checking on the prices of a pair of lobsters in restaurants or on a street corner's bicycle stand. I also am interested to see a nice fish market and check on their prices. It is more economic to eat on the ship if you are not that care of the variety. You can get a better deal and selection of fish yet it may not be easy to find a restaurant to cook it for you. Also, you can't consume it like Sushi or Sashimi. I think that you can get a better price for fresh lobsters from the fish market indeed.

Portland visit ended right around early afternoon. I saw people were going back to the ship and I didn't mind to follow them. It is a routine that I stop by the 24 hours restaurant to have a fish sandwich for my lunch.

No comments: