Thursday, September 29, 2022

Attending two arts shows/Carlos Pueblo

 Attending two arts shows/Carlos Pueblo

During last weekend, we're invited to an art show on the Taiwanese Community Center for an alumnus personal show presented by his daughter. The opening ceremony was too long and I was bothered by my low blood sugar issue; therefore, I went out for a break then I found a second art show in the same hall. The second art show is products by Chia Yi Chen Chen-Po who was a famous victim by Chinese Nationalist during the famous 228 massacre in 1947. Both deceased artists are Chen in surname, the prior one is in water color while the later one is in oil painting.

Both of them are impressionists which are not the realists and their fine art products do have their own opinions in it. They all painted local scenery of which I am very much attracted to. I have left Taiwan for about half a century and Taiwan has been changed. I don't see those kinds of scenery and only existed in my mind in memory.

I attended all fine arts shows when I was a student in Taipei at Taiwan Normal University. There is a fine art department with annual exhibition of students and faculty products during the University birthday every year in June. It was on the third floor of the main building where the department located. Taiwan Normal is the sole college to provide teachers for secondary schools in Taiwan at that time. We consider ourselves as the best for such purposes.

I adore very much of an artist even though I myself have a difficulty to finish a painting yet I love to attend or visit museum of fine arts everywhere. There are two family members in my family who can draw, my son Arthur and my young sister Ru-In yet they both gave up paintings later in their life. I can tell what are my favorite paintings when I see at the shows. In a few weeks I am leaving for cruises again and I shall have plenty of opportunity to attend the arts auction on board.

No comments: